10/27/2007

Day on the town

Tuesday the people from Drake and the CCEP program came by and gave us a royal lunch
(steak and chicken cordon bleu, and that was after soup and salad) Then we did some bowling (the first I have been since I've been in China and I'm still not good at it on a different continent) While all of us kids were together and most of us didn't have to teach so we got some beers and sat in the park and chatted for a bit. Got some pizza hut (yes they have it here, it's expensive, the pizzas are frozen and pre-made so there's no chance to change it up) but it was a fun night out, we then went and played cards and had some more drinks so it was a very social day but extremely fun! Here are some funny pics I wanted to share with you, and we played 2 games and yes I won one of them!! Probably the only time I've ever won and probably will be the last :)

couple nights ago, myAlso, had a funny experience a door knob broke and wouldn't unlock to let me back in. My desk people thought the best way to fix the problem was to jam screwdrivers in it in all different directions and use a hammer to jam them in farther. Well it worked in a way. After pounding on it for 20-30 minutes, my expertise eye decided to have a go at it. Looking to see if I could some how unscrew the knob from the door I turned it and pushed on the door to get some leverage and much to my surprise my door swings open. My desk guy called me clever and told me to be careful in the bathroom because it might accidentally lock and since we are in our apts no one would be able to hear us... I don't know how worried I should be about that but I don't think I'll ever fully close my bathroom door again, just in case.

This last pic is of a Mongolian guy who didn't know chinese or english very well...you can imagine how hard it is to function when NO ONE knows what you're saying but he had some sweet aviator sunglasses I looked pretty good in!

No comments: