1/27/2008

Traveling Adventures and Beyond

Well, I haven't been updating this very much and since I'm on the road I can't really add pictures right now but I'll give you the short version.

Well, I started out in Harbin (3 hours from Russia in the northeast) so you can imagine how cold it was...let's say -20. Really cool to see and the Russian influence was nice to experience. Lots of ice and pretty things.

On the 20th I flew down from Beijing to Guilin, there was nothing that was really exciting in Guilin, saw a "cave" that looked entirely man-made but the country side is amazing. The "mountains/hills" are so interesting how they randomly jut out of no where.

After Guilin we went to a very cute place called Yangshou, met a lot of interesting people and friends, went for a bike ride in the countryside (definately one of the main highlights of this trip) Saw a market that sold dog, no I won't elaborate on it...it was sad, depressing and sick. I LOVE YOU TATOR! We took a bus from Yangshou to Guangzhou, we left at 8 pm, got in an accident by 12am and finally got to Guangzhou by 3 the next day. Don't worry everyone is fine from the bus crash but it just annoys us and makes the culture change that much more exaggerated

Now we are in Guangzhou (nothing special) very industrious and so far very cold. Even though we are very close to warm tropical islands...turns out the mainland of China doesn't stay subtropic, I've been wearing the same clothes for about 7 days (and I mix them up with my friends so we don't look the same all the time) it's not the best but it makes for a funny story :)

I'll be leaving for Thailand in 3 days and going straight from Bangkok to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat then back to Bangkok to pick up Mike :) Otherwise that's what I think my travels will consist of if there are no more bus crashes and such.

Be prepared for many a story when I get back, otherwise good luck in the New Year and Chinese New Year too! (FYI no I will not be in China for the New Year but I heard that it's actually good not to be here)

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound...at least for now. It appears you have some very busy "time off". Can't wait to see the photos and hear more about your adventures!
Be well,
Charlotte

Mary said...

Will be anxious to see pictures and hear stories when you get back to Shiz.
Our best to you Always!!
LOve, Mom

Anonymous said...

Caroline.....Such wonderful experiences you are having. And now that you are Auntie again, Congratulations!!! The beauty that you are seeing just reinforces how wonderfully made this world is. I do enjoy reading about you adventures. Hang in there. ginny S.