4/11/2008

Grave cleaning

Well last weekend, China had their "grave cleaning" day. Basically they take out the old flowers, put new ones and sweep more dirt on top of their graves. We had an extra day off so some friends and I headed to Qinhuangdao, a small city of only 1 million or so people. It's also the city where the Great Wall begins in the ocean at Shanghaiguan. We stayed with some friends of some friends so I made some friends on the trip and had a great experience hanging out with some different people. Qinhuangdao is much cleaner then Shijiazhuang so it was great to get some fresh air but it was a bit chilly and windy on the water and we got a little carried away with obnoxious pictures. I also didn't enjoy being on the train for 10 hours both ways so it was a bit of a stretch, but we got it done and have some good memories. Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cccapper/Qinhuangdao


I also had a near depression experience. When you look at the pictures you notice one of them will say "that's where I found it 30 minutes later" Well I got so excited about doing my track poses that I forgot to pick my purse up again. Well I remembered when we were on the other side of the park so I ran after it. God took it upon himself to bless me that night and thankfully it was where I left it with everything in it...including my passport, money, phone and life. I definitely have someone watching over me.

Also, on a side note, remember those tigers I went to go see in Haerbin? Turns out they ate a man a few weeks ago. I'd be shipping myself home if I would have seen that.

No comments: