5/12/2008
Yes, I did feel the earthquake
Well, I thought you all should know that I'm fine and that yes, I did feel the earthquake. It was one of the oddest sensations ever. I started by getting motion sickness while I was sitting at my desk. And I could feel my body moving involuntarily. I looked at my water dispenser and I saw that the water was shaking quite a bit and I thought "that's weird, usually it doesn't move" I also looked at a picture on the wall "Is that moving or am I imagining things?" Well, I felt really weird so I got up and braced myself in the door frame and looked out the window, they people out there weren't panicking so why should I? Till I heard people going outside and I saw quite a few people standing looking at the building and getting on their cell phones. I decided I would nonchalantly investigate. I took some money, keys, dictionary and phone with me. I mimed to the desk girl and handed her my dictionary, to where she pointed to "earthquake" I responded with the "Shhhhaaaa?" (which is a surprise form of what) then I proceeded to buy some groceries call my friends, gloat about being in an earthquake in China, and call Mike about how cool I am for being in an earthquake in China. It was weird and at the same time really exciting, I was going to take a nap but now I'm to hyped up! There is information on www.cnn.com about it and just to let you know again the Shiz is fairly close to Beijing so the earthquake happened around 800 miles away and we still felt it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woah, Caroline. Glad to hear you are ok!
Post a Comment