Well quite a few weeks ago I went to my students Flag demonstration. Thinking that they were some kind of color guard, I was wrong. They marched around a bit and that was it. Quite interesting to watch and I'm glad that my students have the opportunity to be involved in an extra curricular activity. But here is the link for the pictures (they are a bit garbled b/c my internet doesn't really let me edit very easily so there's some doubles and not a lot of captions sorry)
http://picasaweb.google.com/cccapper/FlagTeam02
But they look good in there uniforms and were really excited to see I came to watch so I got to be proud right?!
As for the rest of things I've been showing the movie "Love Actually" in class and now that I've seen the same 2 hours 8 times I don't think I ever want to see it again. I also got to play a little volleyball on last Thursday. I had gone to the gym to meet some students for English corner (we just get together for 2 hours and talk English) and the teachers were having a volleyball match. The "just get it over the net however you can" type of v-ball game but still fun. They liked having me so much they invited me to play on Tuesday. So we'll see how long my popularity lasts.
I've also been doing lots of planning for winter holiday and spring festival (no I don't have Christmas off) but I'll be going to Harbin (3 hrs from Russia) to an ice festival. That's really the only for sure plan I have but here's the other options. Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau (China's Vegas), Hainan (China's Hawaii), Xi'an for the terracotta warriors, Shiz, and Beijing, perhaps Qingdao (where the TsingTao beer is from) I'm done with classes from January 18th till around the end of Feb, so we'll see what happens. Which also means I won't be blogging but just wait till I get back.
As for the upcoming holidays, we've (other foreigners and I) have been planning and putting together Christmas parties and secret santas which we are all looking forward to (and yes we know it's a little over half a month away but our time goes by so fast here) I mean I can't believe I've already been here 3 months! But hope all is well with everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment