11/24/2007

Thanksgiving in China

Well, I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday because Thursdays are my busiest days, I have 2 classes and an English corner at night (english corner is where the students get together and talk english with me and each other) so I had a good chinese dinner with Dan another foreign teacher. But last night, I got to celebrate Thanksgiving with some British Friends and it was fabulous. With some inventive ways to use chinese appliances I made a delicious stuffing and excellent parmesan mashed potatoes. To say the last it was bountiful and I was stuffed with good American food which was an excellent change. You don't realize how much you miss your common food till you eat it (which reminds me: I bought peanut butter this week, it's a bit expensive but I've eaten it for almost every meal!) Jenna and I showed the English the First Thanksgiving play, which they enjoyed since they were also a part of it! Hope everyone made it safe to their destinations. I hear that it was snowing, and I hope everyone had a thankful Thanksgiving!

No comments: