11/19/2007

Many new things!

Well, I've done it. I've ridden a bike in China and didn't cause any accidents! It was a bit pain staking b/c the bike I had borrowed was for a person who might have topped out at 5'2" so my knees were in my chest the whole time, but how exciting! I also had my first Chinese porridge today. Pretty bland but it came with some good fried dumplings. Speaking of food, that leads me to a horrific experience I had last week. Evidently, not knowing it when I was politely choking down at lunch, it looked like liver so I choked it down like liver. I then had a bite of something pale pink...which turned out to taste like pigs smell. So after choking that awful bit down, and almost hurling everywhere while remembering how much that smell had engulfed my childhood, my students informed me that the liver looking pieces might be some kind of solidified pigs blood. Yikes, I've been pretty open minded to foods here and nothing has been really outrageous, accept the dish with all of the odd pieces in it. Wow, I'm still scarred from that. But my next post will be about my students and their "flag" team (no, not color guard) they march around and do army type things and put the flag up and take it down on Monday mornings. I'm so proud of them for being in an extracurricular activity though!

No comments: