3/14/2008

Time for Excitement

Just wanted to let you all know how the last week has been going. I had my first Chinese lesson and wow, ridiculously hard. It made me realize that all the Chinese I have learned, I've been mispronouncing and I can't believe that people have even been able to understand me thus far! I definitely had the "cross-eyed" feeling you get after studying or sitting in class for a long amount of time. It was interesting to find myself in the student hot seat once again.

I have also been fighting to get through this week because tomorrow I'm leaving for Beijing! I'm going shopping (since I have ripped and worn out 3 of 5 pairs of jeans here) When you wear the same pants for 7-8 months (I've had them longer but...) then you walk over an hour a day they get a bit dirty and worn. And the for the main event in Beijing is the .......BASEBALL GAME! At 1:00 on Sunday the Dodgers and Padres are playing at the Olympic baseball stadium! What an opportunity! I'll have plenty of photos to put up when I get back.

1 comment:

George said...

flippin sweet! can't wait to see what MLB looks like in China!