3/09/2008

Weekly Update

Well here's a little up date to what's been going on. I have the same students except I don't have my Tibetan students anymore and I have a new sophomore class and I don't have class on Mondays which will allow me to do more traveling and enjoy myself a lot! Next week is going to be very exciting, the Dodgers and Padres are coming to play in the Olympic stadium next Saturday so I get to go! And it's only 13 dollars! I can't wait! I'll take lots of pictures, I'm sure the Chinese atmosphere is going to be a bit different at this baseball game but maybe my friends and I will teach them a thing or two about baseball game conduct.

I will also be starting chinese lessons next week! I'm very excited and also very worried about not being a good student and not being able to learn the language, chinese is so HARD! But it's exciting to take classes now that I'm not a full time student :)

I've also picked up playing basketball on Sundays at a different school with some friends of mine and their students, its a lot of running and a lot of laughs (yes even though I'm competitive I'm learning to just have fun...but I still like to play well)

I've been trying to be more productive during my days here, since they are numbered (yes I realize I still have a few months left, but if it goes by anything like spring semester senior year, it's going to be gone in a breeze) so yesterday I washed all my dishes and folded all my laundry (trust me it was a lot, literally all of my clothes) I had come home from spring festival and did load after load after load, so they were all clean just in a pile. Otherwise, I'm enjoying myself for the most part but China has been getting me a little down. As most of you know, I'm very independent and when I can't go to the post office by myself and if I do I fail, can become a little emotional (I got so mad at myself for getting so emotional over the post office! lol) Also, I'm ready to be able to walk down the street without the whole of it staring at me. But that's just going to make America even sweeter!

No comments: