Well I've finally had a taste for coaching a team sport. It makes me sick to my stomach, literally. I've never felt this much stress as an athlete and now I'm carrying the anxiety of 12 people instead of just myself! Well my girls have been doing well. Their passing has blown me out of the water, our passes allow us to really get an offense going, it's just defense we need to work on. Also, they are advanced enough that I can teach them more advanced things like quicks! And then we'll really blow those other teams away! Our net game is a little unorganized but now that we've had a few games I can really focus on improving the line-up and get people really comfortable with their positions. We played Mt P on tuesday and won in 2 and so I got to play the girls that didn't play during regular competition then last night we played fairfield. Tried to switch it up a bit to get some other people in some different positions and it did not work out well at all, so I put the starting line up for Mt P in and we did ok. Made a few more mistakes (serving/in the net) then we did in Mt P but we pulled it out. All 3 teams won against Mt P but the freshman were the only ones to win against Fairfield. We'll see how next week goes, we only have one game to it'll be a learning week! (and conditioning :) )
Go Demons... never thought I'd be saying that again, or standing in my high school gym listening to the national anthem. Oh well, guess I just can't get away from it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment